Hi, my darlings!
July pretty much went by in the blink of an eye. What happened to the rest of the month, I ask you? Not much has changed in House Birdie’s Book Nook. Our toddler is still working on cutting three teeth, so we’re all miserable and not getting enough sleep. He’s a happy boy when he’s awake, but at night the pain just cuts right through Motrin/Tylenol and other such things. It stinks, but the only way out is through.
My mom and sister are coming to visit in August, so I am looking forward to seeing them! We haven’t seen them in person since January! Will has changed a lot since then — crawling, walking, saying Mama/Dada, and just generally turning into a little person instead of a baby-shaped log. Hopefully we have some fun when they’re here, but I know posts will be fewer when they are. Definitely will have to concentrate on having guests, yeah?
Here’s hoping August is a fantastic month, and that you and yours stay happy and healthy.
BOOKS I READ IN JULY:
I read THIRTEEN books in July, and only four of them were on my TBR. That’s a big whoops. Oh well — I enjoyed most of these.
- The Undertaking of Hart and Mercy✨ – Fantasy romance – Perfect
- Nettle & Bone – Classic Fairytale – Fun
- Book Lovers – Contemporary rom-com – Hilarious
- Notorious Sorcerer✨ – Fantasy – Just okay
- Curse of the Wolf King – Fae Romance – Meh
- Captive Prince – Political Fantasy – Fantastic
- Prince’s Gambit – Political Fantasy – Superb
- Kings Rising – Political Fantasy – Phenomenal
- Day Boy✨ – Paranormal – Mediocre
- Deadbeat Druid✨ – Paranormal romance – Not as good as the others
- What Moves the Dead – Horror – Horrifyingly good
- A Dowry of Blood✨ – Paranormal / Horror – Sumptuous
✨ = ARC
A Dowry of Blood’s review will be out closer to the release date.
RECOMMENDATION LISTS & SPOTLIGHTS:
I didn’t write a whole lot of rec lists or spotlights this month, I’m sorry. I wrote one on the Fae, and another on the new Kindle Paperwhite!
BOOK MAIL & ARCS RECEIVED THIS MONTH:
Keep an eye out for reviews of these next month!
BOOK TAGS I DID:
I did just one tag this month!
AROUND THE BOOK BLOG WORLD:
I love reading other book bloggers’ posts, so here’s a few highlights from the past month!
- The Reading Fairy came up with a list of 10 Queer Standalone SFF Books.
- Becky reviewed The Undertaking of Hart + Mercy after our buddy read.
- Biblionerdreflections wrote a great review for The Book Eaters.
- Madeline wrote a great rec list of YA Books for Disability Pride Month.
That’s all I got for you this month. How was your reading in July?