Well, it’s time to wrap-up the month of June! Not a lot happened at our house — we mostly stuck to home, with a few ventures out into the great wild world. We went to the zoo one weekend, which was nice bc it was an absolutely gorgeous day out. Though by the time we were done, our toddler was basically falling asleep in our arms. Adorable, and inconvenient as it was almost naptime. We spent another day out in our backyard on all of our water stuff — water tables, swimming pools, splash pads, etc. That was fun, too!
I am doing my absolute best not to think of the awfulness that is the country I live in this month. I’ve donated. I’m wearing buttons every day, and I’m doing what I can to help. But I need a mental break, too. It’s so hard caring about everything all of the time. Which is why I read. Anyway, time to wrap up this, and get on to the rest of the wrap up.
BOOKS I READ IN JUNE:
I read ELEVEN books in June, most of which were actually on my TBR for the month, go figure.
- DARK EARTH✨ – Historical retelling — Haunting
- HIGH TIMES IN THE LOW PARLIAMENT✨ — Goofy fantasy — Not my cup of tea
- RULES OF ARRANGEMENT — Contemporary romance with a contract — Hot
- THE VERY SECRET SOCIETY OF IRREGULAR WITCHES✨ — Fantasy romance with a side of marginalized children — Like a warm drink on a cold day
- THE KINGDOMS — Time-travel alternate history — Confusing at best
- AUGUST KITKO AND THE MECHAS FROM SPACE✨ — Space Opera — So much fun
- PARADISE LOST & FOUND – Contemporary gay romance — Needed work
- HOUSE OF SKY AND BREATH — Fantasy — Extremely entertaining
✨ = ARC
RECOMMENDATION LISTS & SPOTLIGHTS:
I wrote up a recommendation list of my favorite time travel books, and an author spotlight this past month. I need recommendations of who you’d like to see spotlighted next!
BOOK MAIL & ARCS RECEIVED THIS MONTH:
Keep an eye out for reviews of these next month!
BOOK TAGS I DID:
I did two tags this past month — more coming soon, I know! I love these things.
AROUND THE BOOK BLOG WORLD:
I love reading other book bloggers’ posts, so here’s a few highlights from the past month!
- Destiny wrote a great review for Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson
- Asha wrote a post about new toddler book releases — some I’m definitely going to get my son.
- Krysta @ Pages Unbound wrote a fantastic post about library problems
- Allie wrote a hilarious review for Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell
- Maddie @ Inking and Thinking wrote a really awesome list of books by trans, nonbinary, and genderqueer authors
That’s all I got for you this month. How was your reading in June?