Hello my lovelies! I sure hope this Tuesday is treating you kindly so far, because today is my birthday! I’m not expecting much of anything for today — my last couple of birthdays have sucked majorly. Last year, I was 5 days out from a c-section, and hauling my newborn to his first ever doctor appointment. I was in so much pain. The year before that, well, it was mid-pandemic and I was terrified of catching a respiratory disease when I’m asthmatic. HERE’S HOPING THIS YEAR IS A MILLION TIMES BETTER, YEAH?
Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is BOOKISH CHARACTERS. I love a good bookish character — I see myself in them a lot. I also am a huge sucker for books ABOUT books.
- DIANA, from the All Souls Trilogy — Diana is a professor, and spends an enormous amount of time in this book with her nose deep in research.
- ZACHARY, from The Starless Sea — Zachary wants nothing more than to be a reading major
- EDWIN, from A Marvellous Light — Edwin researches and researches, and taught himself a great many things from his books
- LIRAEL, from Lirael — Lirael’s heart’s desire was to work in the Great Library of the Clayr. She gets her wish!
- JACKABY, from Jackaby — Jackaby is a sort of magical/supernatural Sherlock, and as such, is constantly looking things up. His library is home to several different types of creatures, too.
- ELIZABETH, from Sorcery of Thorns — Elizabeth is a foundling at a great magical library, and the books end up protecting her when she is in great danger.
- JESS, from Ink and Bone — Jess is from a society where books are illegal, and ends up working at a library to save them.
- JANUARY, from The Ten Thousand Doors of January — January finds a book that reveals her power of stepping into other worlds.
- KIRSTEN, from Station Eleven — Kirsten spends most of her time trying to find copies of / other issues of her favorite graphic novel. I’d be doing the same if I was safe enough, and in a post-apocalyptic USA.
- CHARLEY, from The Unlikely Escape of Uriah Heep — Charley can read characters out of books and straight into real life!
Who did you come up with this week? Share your links below and I’ll check them out!